Anyone with an interest in pursuing radio, web-based, or other forms of journalism and meets the requirements below is eligible.
The program is open to a broad range of individuals, ages and backgrounds. We especially encourage interested minority candidates to apply.
Consideration will be given only to candidates nominated by a community-based not–for-profit organization and who possess the following characteristics:
- Exceptional communication aptitude
- Have not earned a degree in journalism
- Will not be enrolled in an academic program throughout the duration of the program
- Show promise as radio journalists and producers
- Must be currently residing and authorized to work in the United States.